Well, the girls are officially out of school for the summer today. That means I now have a 4th grader and a 7th grader, who are so ready for the break! First thing on the agenda for this weekend is to go see Iron Man 3. Then next week, we go full speed ahead with a soccer camp at SMU for Lindsie and more indoor soccer for Audrie. I'm looking forward to the change of pace and more relaxed schedule, and they are looking forward to all the activities I get to drive them to.
Starting this month (today), our challenges will consist of a monthly sketch ALONG WITH an inspiration picture. You can use just the sketch, just the inspiration, or BOTH! Above is a look at the inspiration/sketch for JUNE. I'm super excited about this--ya'll know I LOVE sketches and am happy it will be a constant with the Fun Friday Challenges.
I recently acquired this cute mermaid image from Jen called Happy Days Mermaid. It has always been one of my favorite stamps from Your Next Stamp and I couldn't wait to use it, knowing it would make a perfect summer card. So I started with the sketch, but pulled a few elements from the inspiration photo as well--the polka dots and pink!
The sentiment flag is from that awesome Fishtail Banner die set. Made it so easy!
1. There will be one challenge per month to play along with as many times you like. (Inspiration/Sketch--do one or the other, or both!)
2. Each monthly challenge will start on the First Friday of every month over on the Your Next Stamp Challenge Blog.
3. PRIZES: You may use any brand of stamps for the challenge to be eligible to win a YNS $10 gift certificate. However, in order to win a special "YNS Top Pick" badge for your blog, YNS stamps/dies must be the focal point of your card or project.
4. GUEST DESIGNER SPOT: A monthly YNS Guest Designer will be chosen from the challenge participants, and get to play along with us in NEW RELEASES and also receive a fabulous package of previously released stamps! FUN!!!
5. All projects must be linked up on the YNS Challenge blog to be eligible to win.
6. Be sure to check out the YNS Challenge blog every Friday for more inspiration from the design team using the monthly Inspiration/Sketch. You will WANT to play along!
SUSIE Q-TIP: I wanted the little mermaid (hehe) to have a bit of sparkle from some Stickles, but not an extreme "layer" that would hide my coloring. Rather than spreading it around straight from the bottle, I used a paintbrush and just painted it on after squeezing a bit out onto a scratch piece of cardstock. Just be sure to clean your paintbrush immediately. It IS glitter + glue, you know.
Stamps: Happy Days Mermaid (Your Next Stamp)
Paper: White, Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Splash (LYB), Pink Bo Bunny Dots, Dots and Stripes (Echo Park)
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Ballet Blue (SU!)
Accessories: Fishtail Banner Die (Your Next Stamp), Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, Circle Punches, Copic Markers, Sewing Machine/Thread, Orange Adhesive Rhinestones, Stardust Stickles, Teal Stickles, White Gel Pen, Jody Boosters
Finished Size: A2