Well, I spent my Easter afternoon cleaning up my craft space. That could only mean one thing...I needed to go and mess it up again. So I did and made this card for the new April TCP Tuesday Challenge from The Cat's Pajamas. It felt goooood and I'm trying to keep it clean. That's going to be a wait and see situation.
However, there's no waiting on hearing about this month's challenge from The Cat's Pajamas--Flowers, Flowers Everywhere...Flowers should be the focal point of this challenge and not just an embellishment.
As of tomorrow, April 3rd, Eric and I will have been married 14 years! So apparently he's made some big plans to kidnap me Wednesday afternoon and he's taking me somewhere and we won't be back until Thursday afternoon. Sounds exciting, but what do I wear? Anyway, I thought I'd make him a little anniversary card to take along with me and he can open it over dinner...I hope we are going to dinner!?!?
For my card, I used the new Words of Love set. We've been through a lot, so I shabbied my card up a bit, but kept the flowers nice and tidy (as we "seem" to still have it together) using my favorite flower dies for the main focus of the challenge--Flower Buttons CutUps. I took the Lace Flower Doily, wadded it up and then gently flattened it back out, and used it as a backdrop for my flowers and sentiment panel (Circus Panel CutUps). I made a great double bow (they don't always come out this cute--trust me) from the lovely Dove Seam Binding Ribbon. One of the papers from the collection I was using had a little number "14" on it, so I cut it out and added it inconspicuously, but I love the little "secret" ending to the card. I may or may not tell all about our "secret" getaway...teehee.
- The First Tuesday of the Month, Alma will post a challenge on her blog HERE.
The challenge will also be posted on our Splitcoaststampers forum and on our Facebook page
- If you want to play along you just upload your design to ALMA'S BLOG using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column of the blog so you don't have to search around)
- The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
- Cards and projects must have at least one Cat's Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
- On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
- The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND... They'll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
- The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and Alma's Blog.
Paper: White, Harvest Gold, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, Sweet Blush (PTI), The Sweetest Thing Honey (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Antique Linen (Ranger)
Accessories: Flower Buttons, Lacy Flower Doily and Circus Panel CutUps (The Cat's Pajamas), Sewing Machine/Thread, Distress Tool, Photo Corner Punch, Dove Seam Binding Ribbon (TCP), Sponge, Pink Rhinestones (Pizzazz Aplenty), Black Fine-tip Pen, Hot Glue, Jody Boosters
Finished Size: A2