Then my little plan will have worked and maybe I can get crafty!
Before we go, I have our FUN TCP Tuesday Challenge for March to show ya'll from The Cat's Pajamas! This month, Alma has challenged the Cat Pack and YOU to create a card with these colors PLUS a few restrictions--use white or cream, black, and/or kraft plus one color in your card or project. This card is not to be more than 2 layers. (the base is not a layer) and no more than one patterned paper. Easy, right? It was a challenge more in my head than anything, but once I got started, it came together!
Here's a closer look at my card. I used the ever-so-cute Whale of a Time stamp set and paper pieced him with some navy polka dot paper. Then I stamped the sentiment all the way around the edge of my top layer. It gave it a look of "more layers" as ya'll know that's my normal style! I then used the Cloud Border to cut out some clouds so that I could use the negative of them against the white base layer. There was some discussion amongst the Cat Pack as to whether or not embellishments were a layer. I say no, so I proceeded to cut some ocean water and a flower from the Wave and Flower Buttons CutUps Dies.
- The First Tuesday of the Month, Alma will post a challenge on her blog HERE.
The challenge will also be posted on our Splitcoaststampers forum and on our Facebook page
- If you want to play along you just upload your design to ALMA'S BLOG using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column of the blog so you don't have to search around)
- The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
- Cards and projects must have at least one Cat's Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
- On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
- The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND... They'll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
- The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and Alma's Blog.
SUSIE Q-TIP: I don't do this often, but this time it was totally necessary. Use foam tape or pop dots to pop up your main card layers off the base of the card. Especially when the negative from a die cut shape is being highlighted.
Stamps: Whale of a Time (The Cat's Pajamas)
Paper: White, Kraft, Enchanted Evening (PTI), Dots and Stripes (Echo Park)
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Cloud Border, Wave, and Flower Buttons CutUps (The Cat's Pajamas), Large Dots Embossing Folder, Adhesive Rhinestones, Divine Twine (TCP), Black Button, Foam Tape, Jody Boosters
Finished Size: A2