Today is my turn to post my TCP Tuesday card for The Cat's Pajamas. In case ya'll missed it, the TCP Tuesday format has changed for the better! Instead of a weekly challenge from different Cat Packer hostesses, the challenge is now put out by Alma herself (TCP's fabulous owner) on a MONTHLY basis, giving ya'll more time to play along. Each design team member will be posting a sample for that challenge twice a month on their blogs for even more inspiration, too. Ya'll likey? I knew you would.
So this month's challenge is "Everything Old is New Again"--Alma is challenging you to bring out your existing TCP stamps and dies and use them in a new and creative way. For my card, I'm using a stamp set that I hadn't inked up in quite a while--Ewe Complete Me. Then I used the Queen of Hearts border CutUps die and used both cuts it makes on one card. I usually just think of border cuts used going horizontally across a card, but here I tucked one under my main image panel to where it peeks out along the right side of my card, and really makes matting that yellow panel unneccesary. And how appropriate is that sentiment!?! LOL!!
- The First Tuesday of the Month, Alma will post a challenge on her blog HERE.
The challenge will also be posted on our Splitcoaststampers forum and on our Facebook page
- If you want to play along you just upload your design to ALMA'S BLOG using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column of the blog so you don't have to search around)
- The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
- Cards and projects must have at least one Cat's Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
- On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
- The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND... They'll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
- The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and Alma's Blog.
SUSIE Q-TIP: Cut a wider white edge around a stamped image when there's lots of detail to it. Makes your life easier and less chance of something getting torn off or bent.
Stamps: Ewe Complete Me (The Cat's Pajamas)
Paper: White, Gray, Aqua, Lt. Pink (AC), Lost & Found 3--Ruby and Oliver, Indie Chic (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Queen of Hearts and Cloud Border CutUps Dies (The Cat's Pajamas), Flower Die-namics (MFT), Tonic Distress Tool, Copic Markers, White Gel Pen, Buttons, Baker's Twine (MME), Hot Glue, Jody Boosters
Finished Size: A2