Wednesday, November 7, 2012
TCP Tuesday 235--Time for Presents?
Well, like I told ya'll yesterday, I had time to make TWO cards between doing laundry (more in store today--not cards, laundry). This is the other one I made. It's for this week's TCP Tuesday Challenge #235 from The Cat's Pajamas.
Amy is our Hostess with the Mostess and she has a super sketch for us to work with. I have to admit, I was a leeeeeeetle concerned when this came across my computer, but once I started messing with it, the more I loved it! I can see so many possibilities with it and I will definitely use it again, especially because it lends itself to cutting out the main image and ya'll know how much I love doing that. No, really!
I had this new Christmas paper from My Mind's Eye and knew that red stripe would be perfect to paper piece the cute present from the Bearing Presents stamp set and went from there. The white circle doily is actually from the Heart Rosette CutUps die, and I just left it flat. I love that about the TCP Rosette dies. So I've decided that I want to make a bunch of Christmas cards this year, so be prepared...Is it Time for Presents, Yet?
Here's how you want to play along in our challenge (don't ya'll love my demanding encouragement/subliminal messaging to do so?):
1. Each Tuesday we will give you a challenge.
2. You will have until the end of the month to complete the challenge.
3. Add your entry to the guestbook on Alma's blog and/or upload to the SCS Gallery, using the keyword TCPTUES235 for this week's challenge.
4. TCP stamps/dies are not required, but if you have them, of course we love to see them.
5. There will be one randomly chosen weekly winner, announced on Tuesdays.
6. There will be one winner, The Swanky Stamper, announced the 1st of each month. That lucky stamper will win several sets from an upcoming release and get to play along with us at our Pajama Party and Blog Hop.
SUSIE Q-TIP: Use a white gel pen to add stitch lines to a part of your project that needs just a little something extra. This is especially helpful if you've already finished your card and don't want to take it apart to actually sew it. Don't ask me how I know this. I don't want to talk about it.
Stamps: Bearing Presents (The Cat's Pajamas)
Paper: White (PTI), Dark Kraft, Red (AC), Winter Wonderland (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Heart Rosette CutUps (The Cat's Pajamas), Copic Markers, Button, Hemp Twine, Ribbon (Bo Bunny), White Gel Pen, Hot Glue, Jody Boosters
Finished Size: A2
Support the Liles Family battle against cancer
Make a Donation:
|*Click here if you want to know more about donating directly.*|